It appears that Jio is gaining subscribers at the expense of other well-known networks, and this tendency seems to be increasing. First and foremost, you must be aware that “porting” refers to the procedure by which you will transition to a new network while maintaining your current phone number. Your existing phone number will be transferred to the new network as soon as the porting procedure has been completed successfully.
How to Port Airtel to Jio
Follow these easy steps to move your number from Airtel to Jio if you are a customer considering making the switch.
|Airtel to Jio Porting
|WhatsApp number for queries
|Toll free number
- Send an SMS to 1900 from the Airtel number that you would want to port to Jio and type in the phrase “PORT,” followed by a space, and then your 10-digit mobile number. This is the first step in moving your SIM card from Airtel to the Jio network.
- At some point in the not-too-distant future, the current network provider will send you a text message providing you with the UPC (Universal Product Code) in addition to the expiration date.
- Afterward, go to the app store on your mobile device and download the MyJio app. Launch the app, and it will produce a Jio promo code.
- Bring your smartphone, its UPC, and the Jio discount code when you go to any Reliance Jio, Digital, or Dx small retail shop near you.
- You must present a document proving your residence, such as an Aadhaar card. If your Aadhaar card does not contain your local address, you must bring another form of acceptable evidence of address. In addition to that, you will be required to present a valid form of identification. In addition, carry two passport-size pictures.
- The employees at the Reliance or Jio shop will activate your Jio connection through the eKYC procedure at your request. You can make this request at either location.
- If you are an Airtel postpaid customer, you must clear any outstanding dues with Airtel before commencing the porting procedure. You are not required to do so if you are not an Airtel postpaid user.
- Moving your Airtel mobile number to the Jio network will take place within seven business days. You will not experience any disruptions in the availability of Airtel’s services while this transition takes place and may continue using them as usual. You will receive a notification that the new network will cover you once the porting has been properly completed. This notification will be sent to you.